2021 Cheltenham Festival Schedule, TV channels & Preview
It is time for one of the most poplar horse racing events of the year. Speculations of jump racing fans around the world will be answered at the 2021 Cheltenham Festival from Tuesday, March 16.
This year’s event will take place without spectators and owners due to the pandemic. We have picked three horses to watch and prepared the full schedule as well as all TV channels.
Three horses to watch
The biggest hurdling prize of all will be determined on the open day on Tuesday (at 15:05). The big favourite for the The Unibet Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy will be Honeysuckle. The mare is coached by Henry de Bromhead and has a 10 out of 10 record, winning the Irish Champion Hurdle recently.
Monkfish will compete in the Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase on Wednesday at 1:55. He has won three out of three in the last month’s Flogas Novice Chase at Leopardstown. In 2020, he has already prevailed over his competition during the Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham.
With a victory at the Finale Juvenile Hurdle at Chepstow, Adagio is already a Grade One winner. Managed by David Pipe, he will be a big contender for the JCB Triumph Hurdle on Friday (at 1:20).
2021 Cheltenham Festival schedule
Day 1 (Tuesday, March 16)
- 1:20pm | The Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle Race (2m abt ½f) – Hurdle
- 1:55pm | The Sporting Life Arkle Challenge Trophy Steeple Chase (abt 2m) – Chase
- 2:30pm | The Ultima Handicap Steeple Chase (3m abt 1f) – Chase
- 3:05pm | The Unibet Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy (2m abt ½f) – Hurdle
- 3:40pm | The Close Brothers Mares’ Hurdle Race (2m abt 4f) – Hurdle
- 4:15pm | The Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle Race (Grade 3) (2m abt 4½f) | Chase
- 4:50pm | The National Hunt Steeple Chase Challenge Cup (Amateur Riders’ Novices’ Steeple Chase) (Grade 2) (3m abt 6f) – Chase
Day 2 (Wednesday, March 17)
- 1:20pm | The Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle Race (2m abt 5f) – Hurdle
- 1:55pm | The Brown Advisory Novices’ Steeple Chase (Grade 1) (3m abt ½ f) – Chase
- 2:30pm | The Coral Cup Hurdle (A Handicap Hurdle Race) (Grade 3) (2m abt 5f) – Hurdle
- 3:05pm | The Betway Queen Mother Champion Steeple Chase (Grade 1) (Abt 2m) – Chase
- 3:40pm | The Glenfarclas Cross Country Steeple Chase (3m 6f) – Chase
- 4:10pm | The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Handicap Steeple Chase Challenge Cup (Grade 3) (2m abt ½f) – Chase
- 4:50pm | The Weatherbys Champion Bumper (A Standard Open NH Flat Race) (Grade 1) (2m abt ½f) – Bumper
Day 3 (Thursday, March 18)
- 1:20pm | The Marsh Novices’ Chase (Grade 1) (2m abt 4f) – Chase
- 1:55pm | The Pertemps Network Final (A Handicap Hurdle Race) (Listed) (Abt 3m) – Hurdle
- 2:30pm | The Ryanair Steeple Chase (Grade 1) (2m abt 5f) – Chase
- 3:05pm | The Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle (Grade 1) (abt 3m) – Hurdle
- 3:40pm | The Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate (A Handicap Steeple Chase) (Grade 3) (2m abt 5f) – Chase
- 4:15pm | The Mares Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 2) (2m 1f) – Hurdle
- 4:50pm | The Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Steeple Chase (0-145) (3m abt 2f) – Chase
Day 4 (Friday, March 19)
- 1:20pm | The JCB Triumph Hurdle (2m abt 1f) – Hurdle
- 1:55pm | The County Handicap Hurdle Race (2m abt 1f) – Hurdle
- 2:30pm | The Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle Race (abt 3m) – Hurdle
- 3:05pm | The WellChild Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase (Grade 1) (3m abt 2½ f) – Chase
- 3:40pm | The St. James’s Place Festival Challenge Cup Open Hunters’ Steeple Chase (3m abt 2½ f) – Chase
- 4:15pm | The Mrs Paddy Power Mares’ Steeple Chase (2m abt ½f) – Chase
- 4:50pm | Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle (2m abt 4½ f) – Hurdle
2021 Cheltenham Festival on TV
The 2021 Cheltenham Festival will be broadcasted by ITV and Racing UK. Watch all horse racing live events with our TV guide.